Brothers and Sisters, please welcome Jon Mullican from Hope Network, a Texas based organization whose mission is to help guide churches and mentor ministers based upon assessments of a church’s mission and goals.
And it has been a most uplifting and rewarding weekend working with Jon and taking a close look at our Church. Over the last couple of days Jon has been meeting with Bob K, the Elders and members of the congregation to help us understand what are the core strength of our Church.
After today’s service [Sunday 20th August], we [the congregation] met with Jon and through a series of breakout small groups, we thought about questions Jon asked us to discuss: questions design to reveal how God works through the congregation and what are our greatest strengths. This was a well attended event and it really was a wonderful and rewarding afternoon.
The results were very up-lifting. Jon presented at the end of the meeting by asking us about the answers we discussed in the small groups. As it turns out, Warrenton Church of Christ’s greatest strengths are as follows:
- Fellowship – a strong sense of community and connectivity within the church membership
- Family / Genuine / Authenticity – an overall sense that this church really cares about its members like true family: according to Jon this is a rare and special quality.
- Pastor Bob – a huge asset to the Church, Church Family, and surrounding community as a mentor, spiritual guide, teacher, and counselor: willing to help whoever he can in whatever way he can. Amen.
- Love : Acceptance – a sincere love and acceptance of folks from all walks of life in this church – no one feels they do not belong to this family.
- Connected – a true sense of community within the membership – like real family.
- Spiritual Depth – a sense of true spiritual depth within the family, nothing superficial or fake.
Our thanks to Jon for his perspective, guidance and encouragement this weekend. Sometimes it’s important to stop, step back and ask ourselves “what’s right?”, rather than “what’s wrong?”. Jon’s visit has definitely helped us to refocus on what is good, unique and special about this church and the wonderful fellowship we share with each other through Christ Jesus. He has helped remind us that the Warrenton Church of Christ truly is fellowship, family, and love. Safe travels dear brother: your new friends here at Warrenton wish you continued success in your mission.